Thursday, October 1, 2009

Storms are Beautiful

It's one of those days...The kind of days where you sit inside while you are watching the rain fall to the ground. You dread going outside in the rain because your hair will get ruined, or your clothes will get soaked. I, on the other hand, love being out in the rain. I don't know exactly why but, it makes me feel free and excited to be in the middle of falling rain.
There is likewise something that I love about storms. Maybe it's that they remind just how wonderful and powerful my God is.Or maybe it's just the beauty of the lightning or the amazing sounds of thunder rolling through the sky. It's all just so magnificent.
Every time that I have ever ridden in an airplane I look out and there is some kind of storm in the window. I usually see the great big clouds lighting up and it is a great scene to just look at. The last time I rode on a plane, however, I did not see the normal lighting up cloud. I just saw streaks coming from the clouds. Some were vibrant blue, some were really bright white, and some(the most astounding by far) were an exhilarating color or oranges. I never thought there could be orange lightning but maybe I'm just crazy to not have known about it.
Every time before this point I would always imagine a lightning bolt as white. This opened my mind to the new possibilities. The once perceived lightning bolt turned from white to orange to blue, to very color imaginable.
Okay, so I admit this was a little wordy and not straight to the point but it's a good illustration and it's all true. =) All this to say that I have opened my mind a lot over the past couple of weeks. I mean if lightning could be any color. Maybe I can be a different color. Maybe the world and the way I see it could change dramatically. I'm still working on that part. I'm still also working on this whole shy thing... I mean seriously when have I ever been shy this long in my life? Just at college. Thats where.

No comments:

Post a Comment